30 December 2009

Not so blue Moon

Friends and Merely Curious Perusers,

Tomorrow night will be a full moon, the second this month. Alas, the weather prognosticators are predicting and 'major winter storm event' for tomorrow so I went out last night in the crystal clear air, and experimented with the digital camera. The moonlight was absolutely brilliant on the old glazed snow surface. Even my old eyes could see well into the shadows.

I have never made long exposures in low light with a digital camera and so this was a grand adventure. The camera indicated the proper exposure at ISO 800 was 13 seconds at f/4. The result is below, and IMHO, is nothing short of amazing - the Canon technology, not my aesthetics... my only complaint is that is looks too much like a daylight scene!


No comments: