03 January 2010

Stratheden Farm: Year 2

Buster Goes Sledding

In a few days we'll be able to say (both) the Fuzzys have been on the farm for a year. A whole year! Frankly, I can't remember it very well. I know I spent a lot of time dead exhausted, swearing at packing boxes, digging, rearranging furniture, or preserving. Good thing we have this blog, eh? We can just look back to a date and see what we were doing. It's kinda cool that way.

So what are we planning for Year 2? Hmm... more zucchini and Seminole pumpkins. (Mr. Fuzzy actually LIKES eating the pumpkins. This is no small miracle.) Probably a few more foster kitties and lots of updates about small town socializing. I might even give y'all another recipe or two.

Resolutions? Eat better, walk more, cut firewood for next year. We're working on a wish list of projects we'd like to do around the farm but I think we'll need some help. If you want to buy a lovely house in New Mexico, please let us know. There's one just outside town on offer at a VERY reasonable price.
Hi All!!!!!!! It's Chetworth! Didja miss me? Mama left the internet up so I'm gonna finish this and get it posted for her. She's off doin' somethin' in the workshop. Rocky the dog says that a new kitten showed up yesterday so I'm thinking that's what she's up to. At least it's not in the house!

We didn't write Santa for toys this Christmas so I'm writing Baby New Year instead. If you all would talk to Baby New Year for us maybe he'll bring us some of what we want as well as what we need. Here's my letter so far, maybe you could proof read it for me?

Dear Baby New Year,

You are the prettiest New Year I have ever seen. I really like your white blanket. I hope you are wrapped up tight because it's awfully cold out there! How do you stay warm when it's negative wind chill??? Do you have a heated cozy like Hodge had?

Mama has been a very good girl. She actually called people she didn't know well and went socializing like a normal(ish) person. She took in eight new animals (Mama says it was a nice thing to do but I'm not so sure...) and didn't even roast the puppy with sweet potatoes and celery when he made us angry. She also learned how to build a rippin' good fire in our Century Fireplace to keep us warm. That was a very good thing!!! Grover and I like to sit in the big chairs when it's going!

Please grant her a wood shed, a root cellar, and enclose part of the porch as a solarium. She also wants to get the kitchen painted, a brand new marmoleum floor in there, the bedroom woodwork completed, and ...if you can get us a good price on the old house... to get a photo studio built for Mr. Fuzzy. Us cats want a solarium (boy that's a hard word!) too so we can sit in the sun where it's warm.

Mr. Fuzzy wants that studio too, and a guest house under it. He also wishes for all new windows and for that darned house to sell at a really good price! While we're at it... can you send him a lightly used Kabota tractor with a bucket and the little backhoe attachment? You know the one he's been looking at online, I'm sure... No doubt Mr. Fyzzy will add a wish or two in his own letter to you but I thought I'd get this off straight away because he's pretty busy with another editing job and he might not get it done in time.

Us cats want you to keep the vet away ALL year, make us not get those yucky worms, make the puppy be nicer to us, and pleas, Baby New Year, can you please let me win the standoff over who can sleep on the bed? Right now only those smelly babies go up there and I really really reeeeeeeelly want to sleep next to mama and papa. It's extra soft.

I guess I should add something in for the doggles. Ummm. Lots of big bones and Rufus to Please Calm Down. Your big sister did a good job but you need to finish it for her, OK? I guess they want to keep the vet away too, if you can.

I guess that's all the wishes I know of. I hope you have a good year.

Chetworth

P.S. You can combine the cellar with the guest house & studio to make things more convenient for yourself.

P.S.S. Fredster would like a giant bowl of canned food.

P.S.S. I just found out there IS a kitten in the workshop. Buster smelled it! I asked papa and He said her name is Stubby and she lost part of her tail and needs a friend 'cause she's extra scared. I hope she finds her tail soon. It would be weird to loose my tail... but I bet Jack Tar would steal it so he could wear TWO if Rufus didn't just eat it first. That dog will try to eat ANYTHING! (Even Christmas ornaments.)

No comments: